IVS MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
Since the founding the club in 1973, the Illinois Valley Striders running club has grown from 20 members to over 700 members. We offer considerable benefits for our members including free monthly club races with post-race food and chip timing, discounts on selected races, and discounts at local athletic retail stores. By far the greatest benefit received by our members is associating with other people who share your passion and energy for running, walking or other exercise activities. This often leads to forming life-long friendships. Here is a list of other useful benefits club members enjoy:
- Discounts on select IVS races each year. Discounts for IVS Grand Prix participants for certain IVS GP Series races.
- Members can participate in our training programs as discussed elsewhere on this site.
- Social Events and other activities throughout the year including club picnics and a Holiday party in December.
- Occasional discounts at Local Running Stores and other retail outlets.
- Periodic communication e-mails to inform members of upcoming IVS events, activities and races.
- Access to the members only section of the club's website. Take advantage of easy on-line registration to our races, events and renewal of membership.
- Informally scheduled social runs are held for IVS members, their running family members and friends.
- Volunteer Opportunities. IVS sponsors a number of races throughout the year that are free to members. We also volunteer our services to help other organizations that serve the interests of the running community. These events would not be possible without the assistance of our member! From the Board of Directors on down, everyone usually chips in at least once or twice a year to make sure all the members benefit fully from all the events.